Gotta get out more


So my folks are in town this week and we decided to take advantage of the fact that we have inbuilt baby sitters for a few days. We managed to get out last night - invited along some other friends who also have kids. The bar that everyone always seems to end up at was totally packed, wall-to-wall Friday night crowd come along to party and hear a folk band we all know and love.
We do this so rarely - go out without the kids - that we all felt crazily juvenile. I think the young singles that we bumped in to didn't quite know what was happening for all the excited jumping up and down, yelled conversations and rounds of beer that were coming our way. A friend plied me with a new taste sensation - cranberry beer, dark red and thick and sweet, never tasted anything like it before. Certainly didn't taste like beer!
So, one of those moments when you are bowled over by something you used to take for granted - being able to go out to a bar for no reason, unencumbered, with no curfew, free and irresponsible.   So exhilarating!  Pity our heads and bodies are paying for it today.  Ah, that's getting older, I guess.



Where's Wally?  Can you find me in the pic?

One Response so far.

  1. Spotted you! Funny. I can't go out anymore. Hangovers kill me. I bet it's fun having your parents in town!

Leave a Reply

Category

  • (20)
  • (67)
  • (9)
  • (1)
  • (13)
  • (11)
  • (45)
  • (19)

Followers